Yesterday in, Winning Lotto Strategies - Not Bloody Likely, I gave you some background on Likely Wager™ Analysis. Before we use it to increase our Lottery Footprint (LFP), lets take a look at graph of Likely Wager™ Scores for our Lotto Texas, 6/54, 40 number play list.
Let’s take a quick tour of this Lottery Number Advisor graph below. Wagers in which the numbers are closely bunched together have low scores and are plotted near the left side. Wagers in which the numbers are widely separated have high scores and are plotted near the right side. The most likely jackpot winning wagers appear in the middle of the graph. As you can see, just as in the Balanced Wager Graph, wagers near 0 and 100 have a very low probability of ever Winning the Lottery jackpot.
The vast majority of lottery drawings are neither closely bunched together (low scores) nor widely spread out (high scores). So, spending your money on a wager near the minimum or maximum is probably not a very effective use of your lottery budget.
In fact, 90% of all possible wagers fall between 15 and 70; the blue area in the middle. Therefore, the Serious Lottery Player’s strategy would be to spend his lottery budget on wagers that fall between 15 and 70. As I stated previously regarding Balanced Wager Analysis, this accomplishes two things:
- He doesn’t waste his money on wagers that have a low probability of winning; the red area.
- His lottery dollars are concentrated in the area where they are more likely to do some good.
Let’s make this crystal clear by using the fishing analogy from Winning Lotto Strategies - Grab Your Fishin’ Rod. There are two lakes. One has 90% of all the fish in it and the other lake has only 10% of the fish. So, if you’re going fishin’, which lake are you going to drop your line in?
LONA™ doesn’t want our skeptics to feel left out, so, here’s one of her graphs for them. As before, the histogram on the right shows that the actual winning wagers for Lotto Texas, 6/54, perform exactly as predicted by the graph above. In the last 258 drawings of the lottery, very few winning jackpot numbers fall below 15 or above 70.
This is true for ALL lotteries. Each of the 75 US and Canadian lotteries in our data base perform in the same way.